Friday, March 11, 2016

Babymoon: San Diego Zoo 2016





||One day Michael turns to me & tells me I'm a vixen. Confused I asked him what he was talking about. All he said to me was "What? I'm a meerkat." Apparently Michael assigns animals to humans. This is his spirit animal.||



|| Michael asked the zookeeper all about this Hippo. He loves when they turn on the water & he gets to massage his gums! ||

||I found out this trip I have a thing for ducks. They are adorable! ||






Going to the San Diego Zoo was something I'll never forget. I absolutely love Zoo's. I know some people are majorly against them, but I find them intellectually stimulating. Michael spends his time running around & reading the plaques for every animal. You have to keep a close eye on him though because one minute he's standing next to you & the next he's across the exhibit talking to the zoo-keep asking all sorts of questions. One thing I picked up on about Michael pretty quick is that his brain has a knack for storing random facts that you will probably only be able to whip out once in your life. It's times like the Zoo when he pulls them out & I am always so fascinated by what he has to say. He definitely keeps me on my toes!
Since the Riding clan was with us this day, we skipped the usual plaque reading & enjoyed looking at the animals quickly as to keep up with the group. Also, it rained on us, so we hurried along our way. Each time we visit an animal park/zoo/sanctuary, I am so blown away by all of the different species of animals we have in this world. All are absolutely beautiful & serve a unique purpose. This is what keeps us coming back for more.

That night, we were going to go explore the Gas Lamp District, but it was raining & we were exhausted from the years worth of walking we had done that week, so we opted for a movie back at the condo. Honestly, as great as these adventures are, a movie & some snuggle time is just as good to me so I wasn't disappointed.

Also, the bump really started to make an appearance this trip! Hooray for this growing alien!

No comments:

Post a Comment