Monday, April 18, 2016

Welcome Home Sister Wagner


|| I couldn't help but post this picture! Snapchat, you've outdone yourself. || 



|| Getting a "good" picture with me in it is always a challenge. ||


















|| Just so many butterflies! ||

Spent drill weekend in Idaho hanging out with some of my favorite people! Friday afternoon, I packed up the Camry & began my trek to Meridian. I was so nervous about driving by myself. I'm not a strong distance driver. I tend to get sleepy staring at the road for extended periods of time & since Michael was with the Marines, that left me to be the only driver. So, I packed some comfy clothes, lots of Dr. Pepper, & ensured I had plenty of rockin music to keep me entertained. I made it an hour outside of Boise when the thunderstorm hit. The winds were so strong, I watched a semi-truck blow over & skid until perpendicular with the road. I don't think anyone was injured, but it was not a scene I hope to witness again. I drove another 45 minutes in the rain before it started to let up allowing my final ride into Boise to be quite enjoyable.
I stayed at my cousin Allison's house. She's my best friend. Any chance I have to visit her is a chance I will always take. So, we caught up for a while before her sister Liz came over. Liz had just returned home from the Scotland/Ireland mission & with her homecoming talk on Sunday had enough family in town that she got kicked out of her room at home. Lucky for me, that meant I had a snuggle buddy! So, after Allison fell asleep, we stayed up having pillow talk for quite a bit longer. It was so fun to catch up!
Saturday, we had waffles at Uncle Randy & Aunt Karen's house. Kris had just arrived from Utah & we could not have been more thrilled to see him. We spent some time sitting around catching up before Allison & I went shopping. I can't believe how blessed we are to be having babies at the same time. These little boys just have no idea how much a treat they are in for.
Liz gave a beautiful homecoming talk. Both Allison & I cried the entire way through. Liz is such a catch. I predict she married by the end of the year. ;)
This will probably be my last trip before Ezra comes. By the time I got out of the car, my ankles were pretty swollen & my body very sore. All good signs, but not the most comfortable feeling. Next time I'm in Idaho will be when Ezra & I are meeting baby Staheli. I can't  wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment